my late mum
Now l know this is not a dish that everyone eats.My late mum used to prepare this dish for us,and l learnt how to cook it from her.
So if you eat Fish Roe’s,than please try this recipe.
Check step by step in insta stories
1 punnet Fish Roe’s(about 6 assorted sizes)
Wash the fish roe’s under warm running water very carefully.
Place the fish roe’s in a steel bowl and carefully pour boiling water over.Leave the fish roe’s aside for abt half an hour.
Drain out the water.Treat your fish roes with care do not break the outer
- Sunflower oil
- 1/2 cup fried onions
- 2 green chillies
- 2 stems fresh curry leaves
- 2 tablespoons crushed garlic
- 2 tablespoons wet fish masala
- 2 tablespoons fish masala @kamala.sa
- 1 teaspoon turmeric @kamala.sa
Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon coarse red chillies
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin @kamala.sa
- 2 teaspoon ground coriander @kamala.sa
- 4 medium liquidised tomatoes
- 2 cubes tomatoes puree
- Heat the oil in a pot, add in the wet masala,crushed garlic, green chillies and curry leaves braise a little to get rid of the raw smell.
- Add in all the dry spices and cook a little adding a little water.
- Add in the fried onions.
- Braise a little.
- Add in the liquidised tomatoes and tomato purée.
- Cook until all the water is evaporated.
- Add in the drained fish roes, gently. Turn the heat down
- Cover gently with the tomato chutney and steam until the fish roes are cooked. Do not turn or mix, be gently add a little water if necessary.
Tip: Fish Roe’s are very delicate, gently handle the fish roe’s there is no need to fry fish the roe’s,before adding into the chutney.Frying will dry out the fish roe’s and make it rubbery,just steam it gently in the chutney